Life on my blog before Indiblogger, was like a cold winter night, where loneliness reigned. All I wanted to do was pack my bags and fly to a place where the sun greeted me with a warm smile and a friendly hug. With Indiblogger dawned a day, which welcomed me like a spring morning, shining bright, thawing the ice of loneliness. Never was I alone again.
Here I go, summarizing the Before and After story for my blog.
· Readers: Before I joined Indiblogger, the main reader of my blog was just me. I didn’t even share the link on my social networking sites. Visitors who accidently came upon my blog left without a word.
After I joined Indiblogger, I began to get feedback on my writing and art. I made new blogger friends and visited amazing blogs. Many inspired me and I found friends who shared common passions and ambitions. The number of page views on my blog has gone up from a mere 1000 to 32, 000 within a short span of 7 months. I had joined Indiblogger in November 2013.
· Blogs galore: Before I joined Indiblogger, the number of blogs I frequented was two or three, which too I visited googling for specific subjects and spending confusing hours online.
With Indiblogger which keeps a detailed and separate directory for the type, region and subject of the various registered blogs, it is just time that is not enough to visit the many number of blogs that I want to visit daily.
· Inspiration: Before Indiblogger, my literary activity was limited to the journal that I wrote. It was never a craze.
After Indiblogger, the many number of prompts through the various contests and Indispire urge me to write and read more on each topic that does the rounds on Indispire.
· Rewards: Before Indiblogger, the last time I became a winner for my writing was while in college for a short story competitittion.
With Indiblogger, I have had two wins till date. Winner for the second half story for Tata Capital- do right campaign and runner up for Go further to get closer.
Read my winning entries here.
· Indirank: Before Indiblogger, my blog didn’t have a rank to boast about. Its moz rank was zero and I didn’t know about Alexa rank or anything about SEO.
With Indiblogger, I get a monthly update about how my blog is doing online and like a mother to a erroneous child, it corrects the brash ways I lead my blog through. When I become lazy, it lowers my rank and when I am active, I am rewarded with a rank that makes me smile.
One thing I miss is the Indiblogger meets, which unfortunately I have not been able to be a part of when it was there in Bangalore. I wish another meet came to Bangalore soon. I so wish to meet my fellow Indibloggers.
Verdict: INDIBLOGGER ROCKS… It is the guardian Angel of my blog.
So bloggers, what you say? Indiblogger rocks…Right?