Mornings brings surprises and today it was a Liebster award from my friend Michelle Stanley who blogs at http://writer-way.blogspot.in/.
Thank you so much Michelle, for the award.
1. Link back and thank the blogger who nominated you in your post.
2. List 11 facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
4. Pick 5 - 10 new bloggers (must have less than 300 followers) to nominate.
5. Ask them 11 new questions. Do not re-nominate the blogger who nominated you.
6. Go to each blogger's site and inform them of their nomination.
11 Random Things about Myself
1. I feel happiest in the morning.
2. I am crazy about books.
3. I wish I had someone to cook for me every day.
4. I was vice-chairman of the College Union during my final year of graduation.
5. I am a stubborn Scorpio with a loving heart.
6. I love to write stories. Romance is my favorite genre.
7. I love soul genre music. Elvis Prestley, Adele, Bryan Adams, Shania Twain, John Denver, Kishore KJumar, Lata Mangeshkar and Mohammed Rafi rank high on my list of singers.
8. I started writing as a way of venting. It began as random diary entries.
9. I am now a fully devoted mother to my naughty five year old, having taken a sabbatical from work.
10. I love rice and eat it too, much to my peril.
11. I am a positive thinker. It is helping me a lot.
1. Name three secrets you never told anyone.
Scorpios are said to be the best secret keepers of the Zodiac. I have many secrets that I never even dare to confess to myself. :P
2. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would do?
Guessing that the lottery made me a billionaire, I would take off on a world tour, stay in the prettiest resorts and whale away my time. If anything is left in my bank by then, then I will start thinking about sharing and caring.
3. Looking over the last ten years, what is one goal you have achieved, and goal
you have not achieved?
Last ten years were a mixture of dreams come true and achievements. I became a successful engineer, a good mother and hopefully a good wife.
I have not been able to return to a day job after I had my son. Only that needs to be achieved now.
4. What are your plans for retirement? And will you travel? If so, where and why.
I intend to become a best-selling author with a more than a dozen books with my name on it. I believe writers do not retire.
I would love to travel the world, especially Europe.
5. Favourite drink on a Friday night.
6. What do you think the secret is to a good marriage or relationship with
a significant other is?
A good marriage begins when the couple love and accept each other for what they are. They need to give each other space and understand that communication is what will keep the marriage tension-free. They need to remember that human beings are still not telepathic.
7. Name three words that describe your personality.
Caring, Inspirational and Intuitive.
8. Home cooked meal or take-out?
Home cooked meal when the chef is my mother or sister. Take- out only from my favorite restaurant.
9. When was the last time you blogged and what was it about?
My last blog post was yesterday and I had written a post about my father. I love my father.
10. What do you think is the key to happiness?
Finding happiness in little things and cherishing those moments are the key to lasting happiness.
11. Who is your favourite poet and why?
Emily Dickinson. Her poems are small yet soul rending ones. I can relate to them very much.
My set of Questions for my nominees:
1. What do you think is more essential-Money or Happiness?
2. Have you ever read a book that made you feel like murdering the Author? If yes which one?
3. Do you think that blogging is a step towards becoming an established Author? If yes, Why?
4. Is there an idiosyncrasy that others find charming/ irritating in you?
5. What is the best compliment you have ever received?
6. Who is your favorite author and why?
7. Whom will you trust more- your friend or your family?
8. Do you believe in the power of positive thinking? If yes, do you have any experience to share?
9. If you had a choice to select a Hollywood/ Bollywood actor/ actress as your dinner date, whom will you choose?
10. Which is that one song that never ceases to cheer you?
11. If you had a chance to be re-born in a place of your choice, where would you choose?
My Liebster Nominations:
I nominate the following bloggers for the Liebster Award in no particular order: